Tree Roots Cause Sewer Line Damage
Tree roots in sewers cause lots of problems, there is no question that trees and shrubs with extensive root systems are actively searching for water.
These Root Villains slowly ease their way into cracks in your plumbing. After infiltrating the sewer, these roots flourish on a constant stream of waste water and continue growing, clogging, cracking and destroying your sewer system.
Common Warning Signs of Root Invasion
- Bad sewage smells coming from toilets or drains
- Strange gurgling sounds, most often from the toilet
- Slow drains and clogs in multiple fixtures
Avoiding The Root Villain
There are a couple steps you can take to prevent infiltration by the Root Villain.
- Consider Landscaping Carefully to begin with. Do the research and avoid planting trees and shrubs with extensive roots systems near sewer pipes and water mains.
You may want to consider removing fast growing trees as well. As these get larger, the root systems are growing bigger and more complicated.
Barriers can also be used to protect sewer lines. These can be physical structures built from wood or metal or Chemical in nature to deter root growth.
- Replace Aging & Vulnerable Pipes. Orangeburg or No Corrode pipes were commonly used in sewer construction from about 1945-1980’s. It was cheap and affordable (because it was basically made wood pulp and tar paper) and originally thought to have a lifespan of about 50 years. They started failing after only 30 years. If you home is of this vintage and you are unsure of the history, a camera inspection would be recommended.
- Get Regular Inspections – The modern drain cleaner is equipped with high tech camera inspection gear. This gives us the ability to capture real time images which can provide early intervention of the Root Villain and also give you a picture of the interior condition of the entire length of pipe.
CONTACT SEWERHEROES NOW!
Service you can count on
Sewerheroes is fully Licensed, Bonded and Insured.
We can help fix any drain issue you may have, any day, any time! We promise to provide you with 100% satisfaction, guaranteed. If you are not satisfied, let us know and we’ll make it right.
CALL NOW – 24 HOUR SERVICE
MONDAY - 24 HOURS
TUESDAY - 24 HOURS
WEDNESDAY - 24 HOURS
THURSDAY - 24 HOURS
FRIDAY - 24 HOURS
SATURDAY - 24 HOURS
SUNDAY - 24 HOURS
Our After Hour Times are 6PM-6AM Mon-Fri Weekends & Holidays